How do I revert a feature to a request?
Reverting a feature to a request allows you to send a feature back to the request backlog, if the feature originated from a request. This means the feature returns to the request backlog in the original form of the request - retaining all original request metadata, such as the requester name, the request source, original title and description of request, and other associated metadata.
If you have made changes to the feature name, description, fields, or other metadata, those changes will not be retained since the original request did not contain that metadata.
To revert a single feature: (Click to see in action)
- For a feature that has at least 1 request, open the feature detail side panel
- Next to the number of requests, click the Revert button
- Confirm you want to revert this feature
- You may now visit your request backlog to view the original request
To bulk revert multiple features: (Click to see in action)
- In the All Features section, select two or more features that originated from request(s)
- In the bulk edit bar, click the Revert button
- Confirm you want to revert these features
- You may now visit your request backlog to view the original requests
If you have accidentally included a feature that did not originate from request(s), then that feature will remain as a feature in the Features tab.
What if I revert a feature that is made up of multiple requests?
If you revert a feature that is made up of 2 or more requests, each of the requests will be sent back ot the request backlog.
Are any notifications sent to the original requester if I revert a feature?
No email notifications are sent until you action upon the request again.