This document will guide you through the installation and setup process for the Wizeline JIRA integration.
**NOTE: You must have a paid Wizeline account (Pro or above) in order to complete integration install & setup. To start a 14-day trial of Pro, create your Wizeline account today.
If you run into any issues, please contact your Wizeline rep or email us at email@example.com. Thanks!
JIRA Instance Requirements
- Ensure that you are on versions 6 (at least 6.3.4) or 7 of JIRA.
- Internet connectivity. Our plugin communicates with our RESTful API over HTTPS.
- We use the "Authorization" HTTP header for authorizing our request. Please make sure that your internet connectivity appliances don't tamper with this header.
- Ensure that the box jira is in has outbound access to IP 126.96.36.199 on port 443.
- Inbound access to your JIRA instance to call JIRA’s REST API
- Without permitting inbound access, you can still use the Wizeline Portfolio Planning and Roadmaps add-on and all Wizeline-side JIRA features except for issue creation and mapping from within Wizeline. Inbound access is required to support issue creation and mapping from within Wizeline.
- 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11 should be allowed to generate incoming traffic to your JIRA box through port 443 if your instance is using https or port 80 otherwise.
- Please note: The configured base url of your JIRA instance needs to be publicly accessible (i.e. private hostnames can't be reached from the outside)
- About 10 minutes
- JIRA administrator access
- Wizeline administrator access
- Step 1: While setting up the JIRA integration in Wizeline, please use an admin user who has access to all products within your organization. In order to account for possible change in roles within an organization, we encourage you to create a user specific for integrations and give that user admin access to all products in your Wizeline organization. For example, you could create a firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Step 2: As the Wizeline admin user, grab your API token to use during the setup process. It can be found under Settings. The features and products that are visible in JIRA are the same as those visible to the user that generates the API token.
- Step 3: You can find the Wizeline Portfolio Planning and Roadmaps add-on in the Atlassian Marketplace by going directly to the Wizeline Portfolio Planning and Roadmaps listing or navigating to Add-ons, found in the menu in the upper right corner. From there you can search for Wizeline in the Marketplace to find the add-on listing. Please be sure to install the correct version of the Add-on for your JIRA version by selecting the correct version from the version history page here.
- Step 4: Click on “Install” in the Wizeline add-on listing.
- Step 5: Once it’s installed, you should see a success notification:
- Step 6: Choose “Manage add-ons” from the left hand menu and then find Wizeline Portfolio Planning and Roadmaps in your list of installed add-ons. Click “Configure” under Wizeline Portfolio Planning and Roadmaps.
- Step 7: The next step requires the API key from Wizeline. Simply enter the API token that your Wizeline admin user grabbed in Step 1 in the Wizeline API Key field
After doing this, you should see the following information:
- Wizeline API Key: Token generated by the Wizeline Admin
- Organization: The organization to which you belong in Wizeline
- User: Your user name
- Products: The products you have access to in Wizeline. JIRA users will be able to map to the features in these products.
- Step 8: Click to save your API token and conduct the first sync of JIRA schema data to Wizeline.
- Step 9: Please Note: To create JIRA issues from Wizeline, your JIRA cannot have required fields outside of the following:
- Epic: epic name, summary, reporter, project and issue type
- Issue: summary, reporter, project and issue type
If your issues have required fields other than those listed above, they will not be available to select in the Wizeline platform. Click here for additional information.
Now that you’ve successfully installed the Wizeline Portfolio Planning and Roadmaps add-on in your JIRA instance, you can configure the workflow between JIRA and Wizeline within the Wizeline UI.
- Step 1: Have your Wizeline admin user go to Settings -> Integrations. Within the JIRA integration area, click on “Settings.”
- Step 2: Select your instance and enter a set of JIRA credentials to permit Wizeline to have inbound access to your JIRA instance. Permitting inbound access is not currently required to use the JIRA integration, but it will allow you to create issues in Wizeline, as well as directly detach them from your features.
- Step 4: If your team uses a JIRA estimate field to quantify the size of development work, then you can optionally choose to enable “By JIRA Estimate” and choose the estimate field used by your JIRA users.
You can also define a custom name for your JIRA instance in order to more easily identify it.
- Step 5: Under Project settings, click on each of the Wizeline products with which you would like to use the JIRA integration. For each product, edit the settings, search and choose the JIRA Projects you want available to the product. This can be useful to ensure that your Wizeline users aren’t creating and mapping to the wrong JIRA project, and that your JIRA users aren’t mapping to the wrong Wizeline product. For example, you may want to ensure that the users in your Mobile Wizeline product can only map and create JIRA issues in your Mobile JIRA project.
You can also set defaults for both your JIRA instances and projects, which will be automatically selected while creating JIRA issues in Wizeline. This allows you to more quickly create issues, as well as helping make sure your users select the correct options.
- Step 6: Under Product Settings you can enable a flag to automatically map and keep track of all the child issues of a JIRA epic. Also, if you do NOT want the status of your JIRA issues automatically updating the status of your Wizeline features, you can optionally choose to disable automatic status update by going to Product Settings and selecting the product(s) you want to update.
Send an email to email@example.com if you run into problems.