A good request encompasses two things:
- The problem statement - what problem are you trying to solve?
- The use case - who is the user? Why do they need this? What region/market does this affect?
- As a [product] customer, I need to submit requests to technical support in a simple, intuitive way, with a minimum number of clicks or other unnecessary steps.
A bad request will:
- Be prescriptive about a solution, but not tell the product team what problem the solution solves
- Be vague about customer use case or workflow
- Our customer wants a big red ‘Submit Support Ticket’ button in the top right corner of our web app.