Step 1: Review requirements and verify number of jobs that are Queued or Processing in user Salesforce instance
- System Admin access to Salesforce
- Salesforce can only run 5 jobs at a time. If you are running more than 5 jobs, you will see an error for our job and it won't run. Please confirm that you have less than 5 jobs running before you remap to trigger an update to your amount value field.
How to verify number of jobs that are Queued or Processing in user Salesforce instance:
- Log in to Your Salesforce instance.
- In top right side, click on the name of Your user. For example:
- In the menu that gets displayed, click on “Developer Console”. Look at red arrow shown in image below:
- In the new window that gets opened, there are some tabs in the bottom, click on “Query Editor”. Look at red arrow shown in image below:
- In the first dialog box that is shown next to “Query Editor”, please copy and paste this line there: select count() from AsyncApexJob where (Status = 'Preparing' or Status = 'Processing')
- In the bottom left of the window, click on “Execute”. Look at red arrow shown in image below:
- In the top of the window two dialogs will appear; first one will contain the query we provided and just below, it will show a blue dialog box containing “Query Results - Total Rows: <number>”. In our Salesforce instance, “<number>” is 0:
- In Your instance, if the number shown is lower than 5, please remap the Salesforce object to the desired instructions. Instructions below:
Step 2: How to change my Salesforce amount field in Wizeline:
We'd ask that you re-map the salesforce object in Salesforce by following theses instructions to trigger an update:
- Specify the "Select object where Product Tracker will be placed" with the Salesforce object to be updated
- i.e. update the amount field for Account to Amount X field or for Opportunity to Amount Y field.
- Specify the "Field tracked as Amount" with the new value
- Specify the "Field tracked as Status" with the new value
- Click the "Edit Object" button
- Click the "Save" button
Step 3: Verify that the changes have updated
Verify that the amount value has updated by navigating to Wizeline and cross referencing a request in Wizeline and its amount value with the Account or Opportunity it is associated with in Salesforce.