Wizeline Score is a single metric that reflects the relative priority of features in your backlog, based on objective data that lives in the Wizeline platform. Wizeline's algorithm incorporates a variety of data points to calculate the Wizeline Score. In the algorithm, each of these data points is measured relative to the maximum value out of all other features to which it might be compared, providing a relative measure as opposed to an absolute measure. This means that the Wizeline Score for any particular feature has a minimum of zero and a maximum of 100.
Any increase to data in the below metrics will result in a higher Wizeline Score for your feature, assuming other factors remain constant:
- Number of requests (learn more about managing requests here)
- Currency amount from related Salesforce objects (learn more about our Salesforce integration here)
- Number of fields populated
Any increase to data in the below metrics will result in a lower Wizeline Score for your featrue, assuming other factors remain constant:
- Estimated cost (learn more about the cost estimation field here)
- JIRA cost estimates (learn more about our JIRA integration here)
Keep in mind that Wizeline only calculates Wizeline Score for features that have a status of Upcoming or In Progress — any features marked as Complete will not be assigned a Wizeline Score, since they have already been prioritized and delivered.